Care for Kids School of Early Learning, Banksia Grove is inspired by the philosophies of Reggio Emilia. This purpose-built centre was designed carefully to incorporate meaningful learning in a nurturing environment. The outdoor environments are inspired by nature and allow children to have endless learning experiences with water, sand, mud and much more. With a team of passionate early years professionals your child will be nurtured, cared for and their curiosity for learning embraced.
Care for Kids School of Early Learning, Banksia Grove also provides:
- Menus created by Nourished Beginnings that are very low in additives, preservatives and added sugar with the nutritious meals cooked daily in our kitchen
- Dedicated early childhood teacher and qualified educators
- Weekly children’s drama class facilitated by Pyjama Drama, at no cost to families
- Regular excursions to the local community
- Communication and educational planning through secure online app
- Outdoor atelier for children to express their creativity
- Musically talented educators and teachers
- Babies split into two separate rooms / age groups, 0-1 years & 1-2 Years
- Kindy age split into two rooms preschool juniors & preschool seniors
- Online secure enrolment process
Contact Simone on (08) 6361 7413 to organise a tour of the centre
Meet the Centre Manager
How long have you been working in early education and care?
I have been working in the education and care sector for 15 years, 14 of those have been in various Care for Kids SOEL & OSHC locations.
What qualifications do you have?
Certificate III and Certificate IV in Children’s Services and I am currently studying Diploma in Early Education and Care.
What is your favourite part of working at your centre?
I love working alongside our families and educators to create environments where children come to explore and thrive. I love watching the children’s creations unfold and being able to support their growing interests.
What are you most passionate about?
I am most passionate about supporting educators to provide open ended learning opportunities. My overall goal is to provide an environment where educators and children come together to build strong foundations for the best start in early education.
What inspired you to become an Educator?
My spark for early education started when I was on work experience at Care for Kids SOEL Duncraig. I quickly realised that my love for children and their learning was my calling. I have been lucky enough to have amazing mentors to support and guide my journey as an educator.
What values are most important to you in your team members?
I value educators being able to work collaboratively to provide excellent quality care and I believe honesty and passion are qualities that make a great educator.
What is your philosophy in educating children?
I believe that children need to be able to learn in their own time. Children are capable and confident learners who we need to view as individuals on their own learning journey. Given the opportunity, children will express their interests in many forms and it is our job as educators to provide them with the tools to explore and learn through play.